“THE THREE P’S FOR THE PERFECT TAN”
Correctly PREPARING and PROTECTING your spray tan means you will PROLONG its lifetime to up to 10 days. These tips will help you achieve just that.
- The first steps to getting the perfect tan happens before you even get your spray tan.
- EXFOLIATE your skin 24 hours before your appointment. A sunless tan is developed on the outermost layer of your skin, which is subject to a normal shedding cycle. The solution affects only the top 25% of skin. Exfoliating provides a consistent, fresh top layer of skin, giving you a more even and long lasting tan. Pay special attention to dry areas such as knees, ankles, feet and elbows.
- MOISTURIZE the day before taking special care with dry areas such as knees, ankles, elbows and wrists. This will avoid the tan “sticking” to these areas and giving them a darker look. The more you moisturize the better.
- SHAVE/WAX at least 24 hours before your session to ensure that your pores close prior to your session.
- REMOVE make-up, deodorants, perfumes and lotion before your session as they form a barrier for absorption causing streaking and uneven tones.
- AVOID showering/bath for at least 2 hours before your tan.
- WEAR loose fitting dark closing to your session. The solution will rub off on your clothes, but it does not stain.
- The solution will start to develop within the first 2-3 hours
- AVOID water, saunas, spas, physical exercise, sweating, swimming, tight fitting clothing.
- AVOID touching your skin and avoid physical contact.
- AVOID sitting on leathers, light colored materials and soft furnishings. Always cover fabric before sitting on them.
- WAIT 2-3 hours before showering (or as prescribed by your Tan Technician). You will see the solution wash off – this is normal.
- MOISTERIZE at least daily as this will keep your skin hydrated prolonging the lifetime of the tan and fading more naturally
- AVOID long hot showers/baths as these can speed up fading
- AVOID any shaving/waxing or massages for at least 2 days as this may strip away some of the tan.
- AVOID rubbing down with your towel after showering – pat dry your skin.
- AVOID heavy oils (baby oil) and toners as these can have a stripping effect.
- Your spray should last anywhere from 5-10 days depending on how well you protect it.
GOT A QUESTION?
Check out our extensive FAQ for a quick answer.
Still have a question? Send us a message and we will get back to you as quick as possible.