Our Commitment to Data Protection
TAN AT HOME may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time and made accessible via our website at https://www.tanathome.com.sg. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
- By interacting with us, visiting our salon, submitting information to us, or signing up for or purchasing any goods and services offered by us, including signing up for any of our loyalty or rewards, you agree and consent to TAN AT HOME (including its related corporations and business units) (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives and/or agents (collectively referred to herein with the Companies as “TAN AT HOME”, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies’ authorised goods and services providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
- You are also deemed to have given your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- When you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us;
- When you are aware of the purposes for which you are providing your Personal Data to us;
- It is reasonable for you to have provided the Personal Data to us in the circumstances; and/or
- In any other circumstances where consent is deemed under Act.
- This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to TAN AT HOME in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
2. Personal Data
- In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
- Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport, employment pass or other identification number, telephone number(s), physical mailing address, email address, payment information (e.g., credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date), network data, beauty profile and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms (including physical and electronic forms) you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you. The list is not exhaustive and apart from the foregoing personal data, we may collect other types of information which is not linked to a specific individual and is anonymous, such as website visitors and number of website users using a particular service in order to improve our customer service to you.
3. Collection of Personal Data
- Generally, TAN AT HOME collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you book an appointment relating to any of our services (including but not limited to tanning and make up services (“Services”)) or purchase any of our goods (“Goods”);
- when you interact with our staff, for example, via telephone calls and messages, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
- TAN AT HOME uses social media sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) to communicate with our customers. As TAN AT HOME has no control over your Personal Data that may be collected by these sites, TAN AT HOME is not responsible for your Personal Data that you provide to and/or collected by these sites. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- TAN AT HOME may collaborate with third parties such as Accuity Scheduling Inc who may have access to Personal Data collected by such third parties. Whilst TAN AT HOME cannot control or be responsible for the acts of these third parties, TAN AT HOME will treat all Personal Data which TAN AT HOME has access to in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
- When you browse TAN AT HOME’ website, you generally do so anonymously. TAN AT HOME do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
- When you provide us with Personal Date, you consent to is storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Data, whether within or outside Singapore;
- For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and consent to TAN AT HOME sharing anonymised information such as but not limited to in the following circumstances. For the further avoidance of doubt, the PDPA does not apply to anonymised data that does not identify an individual and the PDPA does not provide you with a right to object to an organisation handling or processing anonymised data:
- We will provide our preferred service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Data. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to use your Personal Data for unauthorised purposes under the PDPA.
4. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- TAN AT HOME uses the Personal Data to provide you with Goods and Services, process payments, make deliveries, communicate with you about our salon, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and administering membership, loyalty and rewards programs and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. TAN AT HOME also uses this information to improve its Services and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of its website and applications, for analytics and tracking, and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on its behalf.
- TAN AT HOME does not sell or rent your Personal Data to any third parties. Your personal information may be shared with current or future TAN AT HOME entities or subsidiaries, legal and financial institutions which will undertake to respect any individual’s rights to privacy and in compliance with the Act.
5. Cookies, Apps & Mobile Data
- For your convenience, the App includes functionality allowing you to remain logged in to the App so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you access the App. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN LOGGED IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in to your device using the App, we strongly recommend that you enable the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your device to protect against unauthorised access to and use of your device and your App account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or password. You agree that we will not be responsible for any unauthorised transactions or activities with us using your App account as we logically are only in a position to assume that any user of your App account is you.
- Flash Cookies. For users of the Site, please note that TAN AT HOME may use Flash Cookies. “Flash Cookies” (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash Cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web Beacons. For users of the Site, please note that TAN AT HOME may Web beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users,or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Analytics Tags. We use analytical tags to analyse what our clients like to do and the effectiveness of our features and advertising. They can also help us customize your browsing and shopping experience. We may use information collected through analytical tags or tracked links in combination with your Personal Data. We may also combine Personal Data you provide to us with other Personal Data (such as purchase history and demographic information). We may work with other companies to help us track, collect and analyse this information but they are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
6. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Where your Personal Data is to be transferred out of Singapore, we will comply with the PDPA in doing so. This includes taking appropriate steps to ascertain that the overseas recipient organisation of the Personal Data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the transferred Personal Data a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection.
7. Security of Personal Data
- TAN AT HOME implements appropriate reasonable technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data within our control or possession against loss and any unauthorised misuse, access, disclosure, alteration and other similar risk.
- Whilst TAN AT HOME takes reasonable care to safeguard the Personal Data in our possession or control, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions while the data is in transmission or in storage. This is the inherent risk of all internet or data transmission and storage. As TAN AT HOME cannot entirely ensure the security of any information you transmit or provide, all information is furnished at your own risk.
8. Withdrawal of Consent to use Personal Data
You can withdraw your consent to the continued use of your Personal Data to TAN AT HOME by contacting us at (65) 91465980 or emailing [email protected] or login to your online account at https://www.Tan at Home.com.sg. There is no need to provide any reason for the withdrawal of your consent. Upon receipt of your notice of withdrawal, TAN AT HOME will cease to use your Personal Data as soon as practicable.
9. Right to Access to Your Personal Data
- You may enquire as to whether TAN AT HOME is in possession or control of your Personal Data and or the ways in which your Personal Data has been used or disclosed within a year before the date of your request. Any such request must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer and an administrative fee may be imposed for responding to such a request.
- Subject to the Act, TAN AT HOME may not be able to provide access to all of the Personal Data that it holds about you. For example, TAN AT HOME may not provide access to Personal Data if such provision could reveal Personal Data relating to another person, if such information is subject to legal privilege, if such provision will be contrary to national interest or if the non-disclosure of access is otherwise permitted by law. If access to Personal Data cannot be provided, the reasons for denying access will be provided upon request, to the extent permitted by law.
10. Right to Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is true, accurate and complete. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Goods and Services you have requested.
- To the extent required by the Act, TAN AT HOME will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Data it uses is sufficiently accurate and complete to minimise the possibility that incorrect Personal Data may be used to make a decision that impacts the person to whom the Personal Data relates, or if such Personal Data is likely to be disclosed to a third party. However, you acknowledge that there may be circumstances where TAN AT HOME is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness, in accordance with law.
- You may correct any erroneous Personal Data held by TAN AT HOME by contacting us at (65) 6737 5500 or emailing [email protected] or login to your online account at https://www.Tan at Home.com.sg. Any unresolved differences as to accuracy or completeness of Personal Data shall be noted in your records. Save as otherwise required under the Act, you may only correct any Personal Data which you have provided to TAN AT HOME. TAN AT HOME reserves the right to not correct Personal Data to the extent permitted under the Act.
11. Retention of Your Personal Data
Personal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. TAN AT HOME will cease to retain the Personal Data or remove the means by which Personal Data can be associated with particular individuals when it is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
12. Law, Jurisdiction and Language
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
13. Contacting the Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or TAN AT HOME’s Data Protection Policy, please contact us as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Data Protection Officer
Tan at Home Pte Ltd
52 Jalan Seaview, Singapore (438366)
TAN AT HOME will acknowledge receipt of your query or request within 3 working days and will endeavour to resolve your query or request within 30 days from the date of submission. TAN AT HOME will inform you in writing if more time is required to investigate and respond to you.
As a matter of policy, we do not attend or respond to anonymous queries or requests.