ALL THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
What is Mobile Spray Tanning and how does it work?
How do I prepare for my tan?
How long will my tan last?
What should I wear?
If you are visiting our studio, it is recommended that you wear loose and comfortable dark clothing. The tanning solution will not stain clothing and any slight rub-off should come out in the wash. However, some staining may occur on some light colored leather, acrylic or other sensitive fabrics.
How long does it take to be sprayed?
Aftercare? How do I maintain my tan?
Does spray tanning work on Asian skin tones?
When we first started out, over six years ago, our service was mostly popular among the expatriate community. However times are changing and we have witnessed a phenomenal shift in the diversity of our clients as young Asians seek prestige and glamour in tanned skin. Today the majority of our clients are Asians who love how a spray tan evens out their skin tones, enhances their complexion and gives a healthy glow.
That is why, by popular demand and with years of trial and error, we created Asian Blend by GLOWTANIX. Specifically formulated for Asian skin tones using a unique blend of bronzers, our spray tan solution creates a flawless base and enhances natural features. We have a variety of shades to suit your own tone as featured in our iconic Tan Menu
Tanned skin is in!
Is it permanent?
Will I turn ORANGE!
1. There are many tanning solutions on the market and unfortunately many of them are cheaply made in China or use inferior DHA, the main ingredient. These cheap solutions are renowned to turn to you Orange. Our products are manufactured in Australia to the highest standard using only the best raw DHA sourced from the leading DHA producer in France and combined with organic oils and vitamins.
2. Even if you use the best tanning solution, applying the incorrect shade or concentration level for your skin type will turn you Orange. Understanding the impact of DHA on under-tones and mid-tones is a complicated formula. Our technicians are fully trained in skin analysis and esthetics to customize the right formula for your skin tone.
3. Applying the solution incorrectly or with cheap equipment will often result in Orange either by applying too much solution or uneven coverage. All our technicians are fully trained and we use state of the art salon professional Compressors and Spray guns.
Getting a bad tan from an unskilled technician can result in a disastrous Tango-Tan that you will be stuck with for at least 5 days. Don’t risk it! Tan@Home were the pioneers of spray tanning in Singapore over six years ago and have completed thousands of perfect tans.
WE GUARANTEE NO ORANGE AND NO DONALD TRUMP!
I’m a guy.. can I get a spray tan?
Whatever the look you desire, we’ve got you covered in our TAN MENU. Go from a light tint to a bronzed warrior, and no-one will know you are faking it!
Is it safe?
Is it OK to spray your face?
What spray tanning solution do you use?
After tanning thousands of clients in Singapore over the last eight years and testing many different products we recognized there was a gap in the market for a professional product that was suited to the diversity of skin tones in Asia as well its unique climate. This led us on the quest to develop GLOWTANIX “Made in Australia – Enhanced for Asia” range of professional tanning solutions.
GLOWTANIX is manufactured in Australia to the highest standard formulated using only the best raw DHA sourced from France and then infused with Organic Coconut Oil, natural Aloe Vera and vitamins.
How does sunless tanning actually make your skin change?
There are plenty of tales of DHA tanning leading to bright orange or streaky tans which probably still color some people’s perceptions of sunless tanning. Thankfully with modern technology, the improved quality of DHA combined with a variety of bronzers and organic additives, that is a tale of the past. Our GLOWTANIX professional products are manufactured in Australia to the highest standard using only the best raw DHA sourced from France and combined with organic oils and vitamins. WE GUARANTEE NO ORANGE.
Bride or Groom to be? Tell me about Wedding Tans.
It is highly recommended to have a consultancy at least one month prior to trial the perfect shade and finish. This will allow us to tweak and customize the formula specifically for you and apply your perfect shade between 1-2 days before your big day. And don’t worry, it will not stain your wedding dress at all!
How should I prepare for my spray tan?
What is a base tan and why do I need one?
What is a top coat or stage tan?
This is essential for all competitors regardless of the category you are competing in. The stage you will be appearing on use bright lights that reflected off the body. The result is that your your physique and muscle definition is washed out. We use Jan Tana Ultra 1 that is used by Pro’s worldwide. It contains deep dark bronzers to enhance your definition, hide any perfections and enhance your muscle tone. You will look really dark off the stage but onstage you will be half the color!
My skin is tone already very Dark - do I need a spray tan?
Yes. A spray tan will even out and brighten your skin tone and cover any imperfections. It also deflects the stage lights to enhance muscle definition. Just look at all the worldwide Pro’s and they all have a spray tan.
I am very pale - how many coats do I need?
We do not charge by the number of coats you need. Regardless of the category you are competing in, we do two applications. The base tan the day before and the stage tan on the competition day. If you have fair skin, we apply the number of coats needed to give you enough color for the category you are competing in. We know exactly what the judges are looking for.
My skin is very fair, do I need to start tanning several days before?
Absolutely not! Most tanning services give you one coat per session and charge by the number of coats you have. The more sessions equals more money! We do base tans the day before and stage tans on the day of the competition. We give you as many coats as you need for the category you are competing in. More importantly, spray tanning more than day before, means your base coat will already start fading and may result in an even tone.
What is Backstage Care that is included in your tanning package?
Why not just sunbathe or use a tanning bed?
How does a Competition Tan differ to a regular spray tan?
Why is it better to use an onsite tanning services?
We are also Singapore’s leading tanning experts who pioneered spray tan in Singapore. We are not a general beauty salon – we specialize in tanning! Our team is internationally trained and that is why we were asked to be the tanning team for the prestigious Arnold Classic and Musclemania among others. We know the business and we know what the judges are looking for!
What spray tan solution do you use?
Tan@Home is part of the Jan Tana International Tanning Team. We have been fully trained by Jan Tana and were the onsite tanning team at the 2106 Arnold Classic in Hong Kong. So we know the secrets of how to blend colors for every skin tone.
Although we primarily use Jan Tana, we do carry a variety of professional tanning products and will always choose the right tanning solution that is best suited to your skin tone.
How long does a spray tan take?
Should I spray tan my face?
For ladies. We do a very light dusting to give a base for your makeup. It is advisable to have your tanning done before your makeup. You can then ensure that your face makeup blends well with your spray tan.
Why do my underarms look GREEN on stage?
Why do some Comp Tans look orange?
- Cheaper lower quality tanning solutions are often too orange. They are not designed for competitions are usually an everyday spray tanning solution but with a high concentration of the active ingredient of DHA. We only use Jan Tana Competition Color as it designed only for Competitions and Stage.
- Skin Preparation is the THE MOST important thing as part of your prep. EXFOLIATE & MOISTURIZE at least for the 7 days before your competition. Check out our Tanning Instructions guide.
- Your body pH balance is off. This is a complicated area of science and medicine! Generally a humans skin has a pH balance of 5.5. Due to your exercise regime, sweating and your diet, it is very common for athletes pH to over or under. This directly impacts the color of your tan. The Jan Tana Skin Prep is both a body exfoliate and pH balancer used in the shower once per day. Green Away is a body spray to be used prior to your tanning session that not only prevents Green under arms but used a full body spray to instantly balance your pH levels for a perfect tan. These can be purchases in our online SHOP.
- Usually there is a lot of stage lights and backdrops that are Red or Orange. This casts colored lighting around the venue that makes your tan “look” Orange. Step off stage and it looks fine.!
Can I do my own self-tan at home?
How long can I expect the tan to stay on after the show?
What Glaze or Oil do I use on stage to look shiny?
Our onsite tanning packages include Glazing by our tanning team backstage. So you don’t need to purchase any products. We’ve got you covered.
Will a spray tan cover my distracting tattoo's?
IMPORTANT. Do not use foundation makeup on tattoo’s before a spray tan. It will act as a barrier to your spray tan and your body tone will be uneven.
How do I prepare for the Hair & Makeup service?
- Make sure you really moisturize your skin for the week prior to your competition. Your skin will tend to be dry from your diet so it is extremely important to stay moisturized.
- If you plan to wax your face or brows please do this about 4 days ahead of time.
- If you have a special look that you are going for, please bring along some pictures or photos to your appointment so our expert makeup can achieve your desired outcome.
- Please make sure your hair is washed and dried before your appointment.
- Please do not use any hair products.