ALL THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
What is Mobile Spray Tanning and how does it work?
Our Tan Technician will come to your home, office, hotel or on location. Our portable pop up tanning pod is up in seconds, meaning no mess and no fuss. It is advisable to choose a position with good light and air conditioning. We will discuss with you the most suitable solution to suit your individual skin tone and any special requirements you may have to create your desired look and feel. We use state of the art airbrush tanning systems to apply your tan in about 15 minutes. We don’t believe in rushing. We have built up a solid clientele across Singapore due to our prescriptive, accurate and professional service. So please allow 30 minutes for your session.
How do I prepare for my tan?
How long will my tan last?
What should I wear?
It is totally up to you. It’s your choice how you want to look. If you want no tan lines then femail clients are welcome to be “au naturale”. Or you can choose to wear your own underwear, swim suit or shorts, but please choose a dark colored suit or an old one. Otherwise, we can provide you with disposable underwear. We deal with all shapes, sizes and ages and our experienced technician will make you feel comfortable.
If you are visiting our studio, it is recommended that you wear loose and comfortable dark clothing. The tanning solution will not stain clothing and any slight rub-off should come out in the wash. However, some staining may occur on some light colored leather, acrylic or other sensitive fabrics.
How long does it take to be sprayed?
Aftercare? How do I maintain my tan?
Does spray tanning work on Asian skin tones?
Absolutely! Our spray tans are so popular with our Singaporean clients , that we were featured on BBC World News. Check it out here and listen to what our clients have to say first hand.
When we first started out, over 10 years ago, our service was mostly popular among the expatriate community. However times are changing and we have witnessed a phenomenal shift in the diversity of our clients as young Asians seek prestige and glamour in tanned skin. Today the majority of our clients are Asians who love how a spray tan evens out their skin tones, enhances their complexion and gives a healthy glow.
Tanned skin is in!
Is it permanent?
Will I turn ORANGE!
Absolutely not at Tan@Home! There are plenty of tales and images in the media of the “orange tango-tan that probably still color some people’s perceptions of sunless tanning. There are 3 reasons for this and it’s usually due to an unskilled technician or cheap products:
1. There are many tanning solutions on the market and unfortunately many of them are cheaply made in China or use inferior DHA, the main ingredient. These cheap solutions are renowned to turn to you orange.
2. Even if you use the best tanning solution, applying the incorrect shade or concentration level for your skin type could turn you orange. Understanding the impact of DHA on under-tones and mid-tones is a complicated formula. Our technicians are fully trained in skin analysis and esthetics to customize the right formula for your skin tone.
3. Applying the solution incorrectly or with cheap equipment can often result in orange either by applying too much solution or uneven coverage. All our technicians are fully trained and we use state of the art salon professional compressors and spray guns.
Don’t risk it! Choose Tan@Home, the pioneers of spray tanning in Singapore over 10 years ago who have completed thousands of perfect tans.
With Tan@Home, NO ORANGE AND NO DONALD TRUMP!
I’m a guy.. can I get a spray tan?
Absolutely. Men do it too. Not surprisingly, just as many men as women love a spray tan. Whether you are the out-doorsy sporty boy, the office professional, fitness freak or chief executive.. we’ve tanned them all and they always come back for more. Our tan technicians are trained in body contouring to enhance your body tone and give you the perfect six-pack abs without even breaking a sweat.
Whatever the look you desire, we’ve got you covered in our TAN MENU. Go from a light tint to a bronzed warrior, and no-one will know you are faking it!
Is it safe?
Spray tanning is now the only way to tan safely. Your skin is not exposed to any harmful UV rays that cause damage. DHA (a colorless sugar) the active ingredient in tanning solutions is FDA approved and has been in use since 1960. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard using only the best raw DHA sourced from France and combined with organic oils and vitamins. They contain no dangerous Parabens or PEG found in some products.
Is it OK to spray your face?
Absolutely! Our experienced technician will give you the right spray tan to give you an even caramel skin tone or golden base; perfect for teaming with summer dresses, high heels and light make up. If your face often looks patchy and you usually wear a lot of foundation, a spray tan could be exactly what you need to slash your morning beauty regime in half! The extra colour will even out your skin so you can easily get away with less make up and more of the natural you! It is completely safe and we can provide nose-plugs if required. However, it’s totally up to you amd if you would prefer to skip your face, that’s fine too.
What spray tanning solution do you use?
We know that one solution does not fit all! We use professional tanning solutions by Moroccan Tan as well as many other popular brands. All our solutions are 2 Hour Rapid Tans meaning you can wash them off after 2 hours and the tan will develop over 24 hours.
After tanning thousands of clients in Singapore over the last 10 years and testing many different products we are confident that we have the best solutions suited to the diversity of skin tones in Asia as well its unique climate.
For further details on Morroccan Tan, please click here: About Morroccan Tan
How does sunless tanning actually make your skin change?
It’s time to get scientific with a short chemistry lesson! The main ingredient in tanning solutions is Dihydroxyacetone (a.k.a. DHA) that is derived from sugar. So how does DHA work to induce the appearance of a tan? DHA actually acts on only the top of the dead skin cells on the surface. The amino acids in this dead layer of skin react with the DHA in order to produce natural chemicals called melanoidins. The melanoidins produced by absorbing the DHA result in a visually tanning effect on the skin. The effect isn’t instantaneous. It take around 2-4 hour for the tanning effect to kick in, and it can continue to darken for as much as 48 hours even after you have washed it off. Because it’s the dead cells on the skin’s surface that it affect, the tan it induces can last for up to ten days, fading as these dead skin cells are shed just like a sun tan. The percentage of DHA determines how light or dark your skin will change.
Bride or Groom to be? Tell me about Wedding Tans.
Brides and grooms from all over the world have trusted Tan@Home, Asia’s leading tanning technicians, on the happiest day of their lives. We have developed an exclusive ULTIMATE WEDDING TAN MENU, created using only the best solutions to ensure you have a radiant glow to complement your wedding dress on your special day and complementing tones for the groom.
It is highly recommended to have a consultancy at least one month prior to trial the perfect shade and finish. This will allow us to tweak and customize the formula specifically for you and apply your perfect shade between 1-2 days before your big day. And don’t worry, it will not stain your wedding dress!
How should I prepare for my spray tan?
What is a base tan and why do I need one?
What is a top coat or stage tan?
This is essential for all competitors regardless of the category you are competing in. The stage you will be appearing on use bright lights that reflected off the body. The result is that your your physique and muscle definition is washed out. We use Jan Tana Ultra 1 that is used by Pro’s worldwide. It contains deep dark bronzers to enhance your definition, hide any perfections and enhance your muscle tone. You will look really dark off the stage but onstage you will be half the color!
My skin is tone already very Dark - do I need a spray tan?
Yes. A spray tan will even out and brighten your skin tone and cover any imperfections. It also deflects the stage lights to enhance muscle definition. Just look at all the worldwide Pro’s and they all have a spray tan.
I am very pale - how many coats do I need?
We do not charge by the number of coats you need. Regardless of the category you are competing in, we do two applications. The base tan the day before and the stage tan on the competition day. If you have fair skin, we apply the number of coats needed to give you enough color for the category you are competing in. We know exactly what the judges are looking for.
My skin is very fair, do I need to start tanning several days before?
Absolutely not! Most tanning services give you one coat per session and charge by the number of coats you have. The more sessions equals more money! We do base tans the day before and stage tans on the day of the competition. We give you as many coats as you need for the category you are competing in. More importantly, spray tanning more than day before, means your base coat will already start fading and may result in an even tone.
What is Backstage Care that is included in your tanning package?
Why not just sunbathe or use a tanning bed?
How does a Competition Tan differ to a regular spray tan?
Why is it better to use an onsite tanning services?
We are also Singapore’s leading tanning experts who pioneered spray tan in Singapore. We are not a general beauty salon – we specialize in tanning! Our team is internationally trained and that is why we were asked to be the tanning team for the prestigious Arnold Classic and Musclemania among others. We know the business and we know what the judges are looking for!
What spray tan solution do you use?
Tan@Home is part of the Jan Tana International Tanning Team. We have been fully trained by Jan Tana and were the onsite tanning team at the 2106 Arnold Classic in Hong Kong. So we know the secrets of how to blend colors for every skin tone.
Although we primarily use Jan Tana, we do carry a variety of professional tanning products and will always choose the right tanning solution that is best suited to your skin tone.
How long does a spray tan take?
Should I spray tan my face?
For ladies. We do a very light dusting to give a base for your makeup. It is advisable to have your tanning done before your makeup. You can then ensure that your face makeup blends well with your spray tan.
Why do my underarms look GREEN on stage?
Why do some Comp Tans look orange?
- Cheaper lower quality tanning solutions are often too orange. They are not designed for competitions are usually an everyday spray tanning solution but with a high concentration of the active ingredient of DHA. We only use Jan Tana Competition Color as it designed only for Competitions and Stage.
- Skin Preparation is the THE MOST important thing as part of your prep. EXFOLIATE & MOISTURIZE at least for the 7 days before your competition. Check out our Tanning Instructions guide.
- Your body pH balance is off. This is a complicated area of science and medicine! Generally a humans skin has a pH balance of 5.5. Due to your exercise regime, sweating and your diet, it is very common for athletes pH to over or under. This directly impacts the color of your tan. The Jan Tana Skin Prep is both a body exfoliate and pH balancer used in the shower once per day. Green Away is a body spray to be used prior to your tanning session that not only prevents Green under arms but used a full body spray to instantly balance your pH levels for a perfect tan. These can be purchases in our online SHOP.
- Usually there is a lot of stage lights and backdrops that are Red or Orange. This casts colored lighting around the venue that makes your tan “look” Orange. Step off stage and it looks fine.!
Can I do my own self-tan at home?
How long can I expect the tan to stay on after the show?
What Glaze or Oil do I use on stage to look shiny?
Our onsite tanning packages include Glazing by our tanning team backstage. So you don’t need to purchase any products. We’ve got you covered.
Will a spray tan cover my distracting tattoo's?
IMPORTANT. Do not use foundation makeup on tattoo’s before a spray tan. It will act as a barrier to your spray tan and your body tone will be uneven.
How do I prepare for the Hair & Makeup service?
- Make sure you really moisturize your skin for the week prior to your competition. Your skin will tend to be dry from your diet so it is extremely important to stay moisturized.
- If you plan to wax your face or brows please do this about 4 days ahead of time.
- If you have a special look that you are going for, please bring along some pictures or photos to your appointment so our expert makeup can achieve your desired outcome.
- Please make sure your hair is washed and dried before your appointment.
- Please do not use any hair products.